If you need to reset your password without knowing what your old one was, this is how you can do that.
Also, if you are using a .mil email address and find that the email token is taking too long to arrive, the best way to get around that is by logging into your account with your CAC, changing your email address temporarily to something other than a .mil, changing your password using these steps, and then changing your email address back to the .mil. Here is how you can change your email address: How to Change Your Email Address, Display Name & Phone Numbers
How to Change Your Password (Without Knowing the Old One):
- Navigate to https://passwords.di2e.net
- Enter your username in the text field under “Manage Account”
- usernames are typically first.last.....example: john.smith - If you cannot see the "Manage Account" section, then you will need to clear your browser's cache, shut down the browser, re-open it, and start again from step 1.
- Click “Reset Password”.
- Choose one method of identity verification. Leave this window open while you wait to receive the verification code via email, phone, etc. Enter the code in the text area after you receive it.
- If you are on a slow email network (like .mil), then attempt this process early in the morning or late evening; otherwise, the reset verification may time out before the email with the code arrives.
- Repeat step 4 for a different method of identity verification.
- Enter your new password twice and click “Reset Password”.
- Proceed to DevTools.